Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nesta: Day Three

Another day another dollar, as they say. We're on our lunch break after getting another couple of songs down, and we're in the middle of recording "Homey in the Sun". Jari keeps telling us we should be more like Primal Scream, and the new record is going to be very rock'n'roll. We think he's joking.

So far in my list of things i have managed to forget for this trip include, my brown suit trousers, my razor, my wallet and enough shirts to last till i go home. I should be used to this packing lark by now, but i still manage to always forget half my gear.

I'm excited because i'm getting to use an old Rickenbacker, it looks pretty battle damaged, but it sound as sweet as the proverbial nut. I used one a lot on the last record and have been dreaming about getting one for years, but i haven't managed to save enough pennies for one as yet. Must get organised before the next time we go to the States to get one. I'd have to re-mortgage my flat to get one in the UK at the moment.

Bjorn Yttling out of Peter, Bjorn and John is doing the string arangements for us again, and he's popping down to the studio tomorrow to let us hear what he's been up to. We're looking forward to seeing him again and seeing how he's been arranging his strings lately. Strange hobby to have, collecting bits of string and seeing all the different ways you can lay them out, but we all have our own little idiosyncracies.

Someone else will be along shortly to tell you more things that have been happening.

cheers, gav

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met my wife at a Primal Scream gig. It could just work.

2:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...we should be more like Primal Scream, and the new record is going to be very rock'n'roll"

Sounds like an internet rumor if I've ever heard one.

5:35 pm  
Blogger Tom said...

If you're going to be Primal Scream, can you make it the early stuff please?

Hope you're getting some time to play while you're out there. This place has amazing cake - BlÄ Porten

And Tom took that very photo (his name really is Andrew - I'm not just trying to steal the credit!). They had something like a chocolate brownie with coconut on the top which was amazing and the little birds come and sit on your table. So cute!

Don't forget to come and play near my house some time!

Orynthia
x

8:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is that "Horney In The Sun" or "Homey In The Sun", please Mr Dunbar?

9:07 pm  
Blogger cameraobscura said...

i can exclusively reveal that the REAL song title is 'Honey in the Sun' but one of the demos was mis-labelled as 'Homey in the Sun' at one point the other week and its the current obscura joke title for it, expect to see this on set lists in the near future along with suspenders and i love my brick.

Gav

9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home